Do you know any how don't like gnocchi?
I would like to share traditional Croatian recipe for potatoes gnocchi-
this is a recipe from Dalmatia -region in Croatia on the coast of Adriatic Sea
- 1000 gram of potatoes
- two big eggs
- 500 gram of farina
- 1 spoon of butter
- 1/2 tea spoon of sea salt
- washed potatoes in peel put in cold water and cook about 1 hour
- cooked and warm potatoes peel and smash
- add 2 spoon of farina on work table
- add smashed potatoes
- in the middle of smash potatoes make a crater/like a volcano crater/
- in "volcano crater" add eggs,salt and butter
- add more farina and mix it with hands until all became like a dough for bread!
- device dough in small balls
- with each balls make a roll like a sausage
- dough sausage cut in small parts
- with this parts made a little balls
- each balls rolling above grater
- in big pot add cold water with sea salt
- in bowling water add gnocchi
- gnocchi need only 5 min. for cooking
You can serve gnocchi with gorgonzola cheese,scampi,meat....